Why is your IT service provider trying to upsell you on cybersecurity? Shouldn’t that just be part of IT service?
In today’s business world: YES.
Network security should be a number one priority for businesses in Wilmington, Jacksonville, Whiteville and surrounding areas. With ransomware, hacks, attacks, vulnerabilities and data theft affecting companies all around the world on a daily basis, it’s just a matter of time before your business is hit.
Cybersecurity is not some add-on. It’s a core piece of managed IT services.
It’s a new day
Gone are the days of packaged bundles of hours for break-fix arrangements and the “computer repair guy.” Today’s forward-thinking business owner has to think about cybersecurity as a NEED to have, not a nice to have.
- Do you have Antivirus protection? Does it include modern, AI capabilities to battle viruses in real time before they can spread?
- How sturdy is your Firewall?
- Do you use a Spam filter?
- Do you do backup your data regularly? Are those backups audited and tested?
- If an email gets past your spam filter, do you have phishing protection?
- Do you have an employee training program for cybersecurity awareness? You can’t install software on a person, but you can train them on what to look for.
- Are you using multi-factor authentication?
- Is your hardware old and way past replacement age?
- Is your software up-to-date, and do you have a schedule for monitoring updates?
- Do you have ransomware monitoring and protection?
- Do you have a disaster recovery plan for when trouble does strike? Preventing attacks is only half the cyber security battle. How quickly can you recover if/when something does occur?
These are all the things Atlantic Computer Services takes clients through as part of “The ACS Way.” A data breach is very costly-especially to SMBs, sometimes even resulting in them having to close down. Prevention is certainly better than a cure in such cases, and it should be part of your plan from the start.
Who this is for…
Network security should be a number one priority for businesses in Wilmington, Jacksonville, Whiteville and surrounding areas. With ransomware, hacks, attacks, vulnerabilities and data theft affecting companies all around the world on a daily basis, it’s just a matter of time before your business is hit. Atlantic Computer Services’ goal is to provide you with the best network security protection possible, while also keeping your unique needs and budget in mind.
Hacks & Attacks
These days, hackers, attackers, and even automated web bots are all trying to gain access to your network and ultimately access your private customer and business information. When successful, the attackers can lock down your data or worse they can release your customer information to the world.
With the sheer number of security threats faced by companies, it is important to evaluate the vulnerabilities that may affect your business. Lost revenues due to downtime or large fines due to data breaches may not be an option and could affect the overall health of the organization.
Not only is it necessary to protect a network from outside threats but internal threats can also be a huge vulnerability. Part of a thorough network security plan is ensuring that employees are using best practices and are educated on their role in keeping the network safe.
If you store customer data, private information, or take credit cards, network security is no longer an option, but instead is a necessity. Not to mention if you must adhere to HIPAA, SOC, or any other regulations, you need a team that understands these requirements and a team that can provide the pieces necessary to keep you compliant.
How Can We Help?
Protecting your information and your customers’ data is Atlantic Computer Services’ specialty.
- Evaluate – We can evaluate your current network business environment.
- Assess – We will provide a complete assessment of your overall security health.
- Implement – Implement a complete security plan to provide a comprehensive security solution.
Our company is the leader in network security, click HERE to contact ACS about protecting your business online.